Credit to counsel - championing the value of compliance to the wider firm
- Examining the broad benefits of an effective compliance team to a GP
- Recognising the costs and consequences of compliance gone wrong - and the value created when done right
- Reflecting the return on investment from undertaking a proactive approach to compliance
- The ideal, necessary size, scope and make-up of a modern compliance team
Business as usual or changing tack? When to act and when to wait on regulatory updates
- Regulatory updates require firms to align their funds and portcos, yet with a raft of directives, how do firms sort the urgent from the optional
- Deciding on appropriate and timely action with limited resources
- Which processes should be kept in-house and which to outsource
- What are the anticipated regulatory changes that will require immediate action?
KYC complications - sanctions, sophisticated consumers and politically exposed persons
- How to effectively report on delicate data
- Efficiently processing the reporting requirements for KYC and AML
Sanctions on Russia have created new complexities for capital flowing into Europe - how to assess who is exposed and who is an appropriate source for funding
"Beyond tax, the European fund domicile decision" - The House moves that Luxembourg remains the most attractive destination for fund structuring in Europe
- Assess in comparison with Ireland, Malta, Jersey, Guernsey et al
- What are the core benefits of a Luxembourg AFIM?
- Why does Luxembourg remain the EU's most active fund destination?
- Which domiciles are attractive alternatives to Luxembourg? And why?
The international fund manager - the challenges of handling multi-jurisdictional tax directives
- Taxation of carried interest across Europe - finding the sweetspot between risk and incentive
- QAHC - the benefits and efficiencies of the UK's latest tax directive
- Substance - the requirements for aligning funds with Europe's tax regimes
- ATAD III and the challenges of coordinating tax across Europe
Fund types and taxonomy - how to structure your ESG fund
- Exploring the process of setting up an ESG fund structure
- How to set up an Article 6, 8 or 9 structure for a firm's ESG fund
- Why the EU is rethinking the utility of SFDR and removing Article 9 altogether - how will this affect current 6, 8 & 9 funds?
- How to avoid the perception of greenwashing
- Consequences of non-compliance for fund article selection
Legacy liabilities - avoiding the pitfalls of long-forgotten legacy items
- Aligning legacy items to current compliance constructs
- What are the consequences of failing to recognise vulnerabilities?
- Dealing with reporting on legacy funds to LPs and regulators
- Managing legacy structures set up by former team members
A: DORA and the balance of obligations for IT service providers (EU)
B: Navigating expanded LP reporting requests (EU/UK)
C: Tricks of the trade - how best to use Luxembourg’s third-party AIFM market (EU)
D: ICARA and the core responsibilities of fund management (UK)
E: Consumer Duty - (re)structuring products for a broader client base (UK)